Friday, July 3, 2009

Yup, We Did it Again.

We got another animal to support. Here is our train of thought that we used to justify this new addition to our family. Do you remember Ozzie? Well, he ran away. Alright, he didn't run away, but I wish he would. All of those beatings that Keira continuously threatened him with must have finally pushed him over the edge. He is still a good cat, but he loves to play, and he usually is playing with a pitbull. So naturally he has learned to play rough. When he plays with Keira she ends up with numerous scratches and bites all over her. At her doctor appointment the doc was very concerned that it was a cat giving her these marks and we are kind of annoyed with it too. So we have decided to reverse sell the cat. (By reverse sell I mean that we have to pay someone to take him.) We are concerned about him scratching Keira, and even more concerned of how he might play with the new baby. Obviously Keira took the news very hard so to help ease her pain I promised her that sometime after the baby was born we would get her a little doggy of her own. One that is small enough that she can cuddle with it and not so small that it is too fragile. Well of course Tricia started researching right away (she is a sucker for dogs) and I figured I better have a say in the type of dog too if I have to live with it. We came to the conclusion that a Japanese Shiba Inu would be the perfect dog. They don't bark a lot, are very friendly, and the perfect size. So, sometime after the baby is born we were going to get a new dog. One thing you need to know about Tricia is, she knows how to use her eyes. She can make me melt, laugh, run and hide all with just the look of her eyes. Unfortunately she can also make me get a dog long before I had planned on getting another dog. I came home for lunch and she had found that somebody was giving away a Shiba Inu for free. (It turns out the person giving the dog away was also a friend of mine from tech school) Tricia gave me those puppy dog eyes with her head cocked to one side and said please in her most child like voice. What could I do? So, here she is. Introducing Sun.

Sun

Sun and Naoki already get along very well. I know what it looks like, but I promise you, they are just playing (don't go calling any animal rights activists on us.) I thought this was a funny picture.

See they really do get along.

Keira already loves her new doggy.
Welcome home Sun and thank you Megan, Sun is a great dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, dogs teeth already freak me out and that one picture does not help that, thanks alot! I like the name, did Keira name her?

mizkylie said...

Cute!!