Before tonight, I hadn't blogged in awhile because of school and overtime at work, but right now I have a four day weekend. So, I thought I would catch up on my blogging (that is why this is my fourth one tonight.) I just realized that I hadn't shared with you a very funny story that happened not to long ago. It is a fairly embarrassing story for me, but I feel that I would not be doing my 5 readers justice by just sweeping this one under the rug.
We had gone to a bonfire at Torri beach for a going away type party for some of the people from our church that were moving on. I wasn't sure where the fire pit was, so we parked in our usually parking lot. As luck would have it, the pit was quite a hike from where our car now was, but we hiked it anyway. While at this party I felt the sudden need to "shake the dew off the Lilly" and, of course, the restrooms were located in the same parking lot as our van. I walked the long walk back to the bathroom where I did what I had gone there to do, and afterwards I decided that I wasn't going to walk back. I would get our van and drive it back to the closer parking lot.
"That is a great idea!" I thought to myself.
So, I walked to our van, which was now the only car in the entire parking lot. I stuck my key into the driver side door, but when I went to turn it, it wouldn't turn. In my tired state, I thought to myself, "silly me, I must have left the doors unlocked and why would the key turn if the doors were already unlocked?" So, I grabbed the handle and opened the door. Of course, it opened, because I had left unlocked, but imagine my surprise when I found a man listening to music just staring at me. Needless to say I was very startled and screamed in a high pitch girl voice right at this nice man, and slammed the door shut. I quickly turned around and walked away. It turns out that this van was not the only one in the parking lot, our identical van was in the dark corner of the parking lot. Luckily for me the guy didn't punch me or anything. I wonder if my scream scared him as much as his presence scared me. I didn't bother trying to explain myself, because what do you say to a man that has just heard your very best imitation of a castrati from the luxury of his own car? Which brings me to another point what kind of person upon witnessing someone trying to get into their car doesn't give that person some sort of clue that the car is occupied? I mean, he didn't even give me as much as a tap on the window to save me from complete humiliation. In fact, I think he probably leaned back a little just to make sure I didn't see him, and then laughed all the way home to blog about the moron that tried to get in the car with him. Anyway, I am done blogging for tonight. I don't know when I will be back, but until then, "good morning, good afternoon, and good night."
4 years ago


5 comments:
Too funny. My mom and I did the same thing last month - I even started to try to load the kids in the car... but luckily their were no witnesses.
Nice!! It's good to see you are still alive and kicking though!:)
Oh how I miss that scream! You are such a nerd!!! I love it!
Thats why your name is Ericfina!!! I wish I was there to witness that. Like the time I wish I was there to witness our mother-in-laws hiccups in Blockbuster.
A GIRL!!!! CONGRATS!!!
Post a Comment