Thursday, July 30, 2009

It Does Make Your Butt Feel Better!

Tonight we went swimming because Keira is starting her first swimming lessons on Monday. We thought we would give her a few pointers before her class. Anyway, swimming was more or less routine, nothing really out of the ordinary in the entire ordeal. Although, she did do many more belly flops than usual and she was able to get rings at the bottom of the pool this time. She is already such a good little swimmer, but she is very scary too because she isn't afraid of the water. We have to keep an eye on her at all times. For example, (sorry to go off on a little tangent here, but it is funny) yesterday when we were swimming she got out of the pool to go potty. we decided we would sit in the water at the edge of the pool and wait for her to return. When she came back we started calling to her to come jump in where we were. Instead she went straight for the water, and her path just so happened to lead her right under the life guard seat. I could tell that she wasn't going to come to where we were and that she had every intention to do it buy herself just by the mischievous grin she had on her face. And that is exactly what she did. The bad thing was that we were a good 30 to 40 feet away from her. So, needless to say I started walking/swimming as quick as I could to get to her all the while reassuring the life guard that she didn't need help. He looked very concerned and kept on standing up like he was about to jump in to get her. I can understand his worry because of the way Keira likes to swim. She can kick and move her self forward until she comes up for air, then her feet get under her, and all her kicking does is keep her afloat. Well, she keeps trying to swim so she will go back under the water and thrash around. When she gets board with all the kicking and not going anywhere she will just stop and float there. She will raise her arms over her head and sink slowly to the bottom (just like you would imagine a person who has just passed out would do). Then she will eventually pop up when she needs air and then sink again. Anyway, she had done her passed-out-drowning person about 3 times by the time I got there, and each one of those is what got the life guard on edge. When I pulled her out of the water she was laughing hysterically, and the 16-year-old life guard let out a laugh as well, (although his seemed more as a laugh of release). Needless to say, Keira got a good time out for her efforts.

Anyway, sorry again about that tangent, but it was funny right? Tonight, after swimming and while we were getting ready to leave, Keira slipped and fell right on her "bummo". She began crying very loudly. When I picked her up she said, "I fell down and hurt my butt." I handed her over to her mother, because Tricia is just better at comforting because I usually will crack jokes until the pain is gone. Well, on the way to the car, Keira told her mommy through her big crocodile tears and in the saddest voice she could muster, "mommy, I am hungry. I want Taco Bell because Taco Bell will make my butt feel better." So, we went to Taco Bell. (Rereading this I think that the first story was better, although, I can attest to the fact that Taco Bell has made my butt feel better. I am sure that could change by tomorrow though.)

1 comment:

Cammy Patton said...

Taco Bell always makes our butts feel better.