It is time that I answered a couple of questions that my dear, sweet brother-in-law Mike has asked. (he gets really sad if he thinks you have been ignoring him) I do have to admit that Mike is very smart when it comes to politics, and when I say "smart" it is all relative, because I only have one oar in the water when it comes to politics. I don't even know which one is the elephant and which one is the ass. (o.k., I know which one is the ass, but I don't know which one is the donkey) What I am trying to say is, I let these questions go by for some time so I could kind of see which way these issues would move before I made a decision on how I wanted to answer them. Which reminds me, ***DISCLAIMER: DO NOT BASE ANY OF YOUR VOTING DECISIONS ON THIS OR ANY OTHER POSTS OF MINE. YOU WILL SURELY BE WRONG.***
Mikes first question is:
1. Ok, who is a better presidential candidate, Mickey Mouse, Barrack Obama, John McCain, or Bugs Bunny?
Answer: First of all, I definitely think that Barrack Obama will win this election, and that he will be our new president. That being said, I do not believe that he is the best candidate. I really wish that Mike had included Ross Perot as one of my choices because I could look at that guy all day and just laugh. I think that is important in a president. Maybe that is why I liked George Bush so much. I believe that Mickey Mouse would be the best presidential candidate for this election and let me tell you why. Bugs Bunny is just mean. He is too smart for his own good and he knows it. He is very cocky about it too. I think a president should be confident, but they shouldn't boast about it, and it seems that Bugs Bunny likes to mock those that are not up to his level. How he just sits there and smugly chews his carrot before asking the presumptuous question, "What's up doc?" What if the person said they weren't a doctor? Would he continue to talk to them? Mickey on the other hand shows great compassion for others. He gives his enemy chances over and over again. I mean honestly, how many chances has Pete had to become Mickey's friend. Mickey also doesn't come across as a stuck-up, hoity-toity type either, even though he is one of the richest creatures in the universe. I am also sure that he is a great listener, I mean, look at those ears. Bugs has big ears too, but his are skinny and don't do so good for the acoustics. John McCain would be my second choice. He was a prisoner of war. He knows all about war, and since he knows about it and because Bush has put us in the middle of it, McCain would be the best man to take us through it, and might even be better at getting us out of it. Obama on the other hand wants to be a Super Star. He is the most gimmicky president (presidential candidate I mean) that I can remember. He is always pulling little stunts to get himself into the media it seems. Using his position to get front row seats at a basketball game. Do you think he could have done that if he wasn't the president? Ok, I guess a lot of money could get him up there too. I really haven't delved too deeply into any of these candidates as I am sure you can tell. I do think Obama-Mama is doing a pretty good job. I have to say that because this year will be the biggest raise for me and he is the one that helps approve that.
Mike's second question (and I know even less about this) is:
2. Hey, its your political bro-in-law. I'm being political because I have been looking into and researching this economic mess. A lot of this does not make sense to me. I just think the government is being too complicated over things! Also, I'm waiting to see if fighting fire with fire with this bail out works. So lets talk economics and our government! So do you think all this stimulus and toxic asset money is going to pull our economy out of the recession? Should the government even get involve in the market by pumping money into it?
Answer: I want to say that stimulus is a good thing, although you can over stimulus yourself, and when there is too much stimulus for babies, for example, they can get cranky. Toxic asset money sounds really bad. I learned a long time ago to stay away from anything toxic and that if you do accidentally come into contact with or ingest anything toxic you should call the poison control hot line ASAP. After all of this stimulus I don't think the economy will make the turn that the government is hoping for. I think that people worried about the economy enough that any stimulus money they receive will either go into savings, or to pay off debt. I don't think that a lot of it will be invested into the market, or that people will spend it willy-nilly in the retail world. I think the crisis has scared people and opened their eyes to the future, so they want to make that future as comfortable as they can. I know that my stimulus went to debt and savings. I think that the government should get involved. They are in charge of making money so why don't they print a whole bunch of it and get all of the national debt taken care of all at once. It is like when I found out that bill collectors would take checks. I can write checks all day, so every one was payed off within a week of me learning that they accepted checks. Some may argue that if we print out a whole lot of money uncontrolled that our dollar will be worthless in other countries. Well, I have news for you, I live in Okinawa Japan and I can tell you that aside from the military base, the dollar already is worthless over here. They don't even accept the dollar. They only take yen. And, printing as much money as we need to eliminate the national debt would kill two birds with one stone. Everyone talks about how we should buy American, so if our dollar is worthless in other countries, we would have more incentive to purchase things in America. In the end, I believe that the true Law of Consecration (not the communist version) is the only way to go to keep us from all of these financial crisis's. I don't know if this really answered your question Mike, but I hope it helps.
Thank you for the questions, but I need more so feel free to ask to your hearts content. You can leave it as a comment on any of my posts, or you can email it to me at eric.atkinson@yahoo.com. Good night everyone.
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment