Saturday, March 7, 2009

TKO from Tokyo!

I have never been knocked out before, not even by this guy even though he tried very hard.

So, like I was saying, I have never been knocked out. That is until a couple of days ago. I came home for lunch and as usual Keira came running to me to give me a hug. And as I usually do, I lifted her very quickly by her arms to get her high enough that I could let go really quick and hug her around the waist. Only this time as she was coming up at this high velocity she decided to lift both of her knees up to her chest at the same time. As luck would have it, She connected with both of my mental nerves (the ones at the tip of your chin) creating a big flash of white light, and making my knees buckle and my body to fall straight down on top of my legs. Keira landed on me and thought it was funny so she started to laugh while I laid there in a giant heap. As soon as I realized I was on the ground I tried to stand up. I fell again, so I tried again and again I fell. My legs were not doing what my mind was telling them. The third time I grabbed the piano and tried to pull myself up again, but that didn't help either. For the third time I fell back to the ground, but this time I decided to stay there because the room was spinning very fast by this time. Seeing all of this, Keira started realizing that something was wrong so she started crying because she knew she had hurt daddy. At this Tricia finally came out of the kitchen to see what was wrong, and she found me on the floor face down. Needless to say I had a very severe headache the rest of the day, and I kept falling asleep at work. And that is the story of my TKO from Tokyo (or Okinawa). I was laid out by my three year old daughter.




The Champion

The Loser!

2 comments:

mizkylie said...

OMG! I love it! Sounds like something my daughter would do! Look at it this way, at least you know she can handle herself in any situation!

Mike said...

Dude, I got a mental image and I can't stop laughing. I bet you are still having mental images or as we would like to call nightmares, of you daughter.