For the sake of this story, different nights and experiences have all been rolled into this one evening. Although the time lines for this story are not historically correct, ALL of the events are.On this night we had decided that we were going to do everything we could to scare the bejeezers out of our dates. We started in Ogden where we had heard there was a very haunted house. We had to drive down a very long dirt road into the middle of the woods to get to this house, but when we got there, it was very disappointing. Nothing scary at all. we looked around a little, tried to get in (but not too hard because we could tell someone was still living there), and then decided to head on down to Salt Lake City, where the really scary stuff is. As we were driving back down the dirt road, another car was coming towards us. As it passed us it was just like the movies where everything goes in slow motion, everyone in our car looks at the other car just as every one in the other car looks into our car. But, the guys in the other car have that smile like, "we have a big secret, we are vampires" (I guess if they told us that it wouldn't be a secret). Anyway, these were no ordinary guys. All of them had fangs (either real ones, or very good fake ones), and bright, bright (almost glowing), green, cat-like eyes. They all just stared at us as we passed.
After this small dose of adrenaline rush we could tell the girls were starting to get worried, so we decided to find some more scary places. We decided to go to Emo's (or Nemo's, I'm not sure) grave. Apparently there is a glass panel covering a hollow area in his tombstone, and during a full moon you can see his face laughing at you. Unfortunately, the glass had been broken, so obviously we weren't able to see this laughing Emo. We weren't discouraged, instead we ran ahead of the girls and hid behind a tombstone to jump out and scare them (which we did, and it was awesome). When we got back to the car I reached into my pocket only to find that my keys were no longer there. "They must have fallen out behind that tombstone." I thought. So, I went back alone to find them. That was scary, but I'm sure it was one of those "you-had-to-be-there" moments, so let's move on.
We then had the great idea of meeting up with my sister and her boyfriend and go for a hike into the canyons. My sister and her boyfriend decided to stay back at the camp fire while we went for our frightening hike. For some reason we let Jed lead the way, and in a matter of moments we were lost (which was about as scary as this part got. I just want to add this because it was kind of funny) When we finally got back there was a park ranger there ready to call out a rescue search with helicopters and everything.
Well, after all of our attempts had failed to really scare these girls, we decided we would step it up a little. We took them to the old Jordan High School that was haunted by a bus load of children who had died on their way to school in a horrific wreck. We got there, and of course, all the doors were chained shut. The new Jordan High School was built and they were getting ready to tear this one down. We weren't going to give up that easy so Jed broke a window into the gym with a rock. He stood on my shoulders and stuck his head in the window. To this day I don't know what he saw, but he fell back off of my shoulders, cutting his hand in the process, and he was ghost white. I heard a lot of strange noises coming from this building but Jed is still so disturbed by it that he won't talk about it. We took off quickly after that.
Having done everything we could think of to scare these girls, we decided that we would let Hollywood do the scaring. We took them to see the movie "Scream", which did a very decent job of scaring these girls. Well the night was finished so we took the girls home. Then, Jed had to drop me off at my house but on the way there, there was a very eerie feeling. There were no cars in the streets anywhere, and no lights on in any of the houses. It was like a ghost town. And then we saw it. An SUV had smashed into a tree and was smoking. The tree was mostly knocked over, and the SUV was totalled, but there was not one person in sight. There was no sign that police were coming or any sign that there was even a driver in this car. At this point the details get hazy so I will tell you what I remember. We decided to get out of the car to make sure there was really nobody there or hurt. We looked in the car and all over the ground. We found a large blood trail leading off into the shadows. Reluctantly, we decided to follow it. As we got closer to the shadow we saw a pair of glowing yellow eyes staring at us. Just like the eyes that the vampires in Ogden had. Then, in a raspy, whispering voice the owner of the eyes spoke to us. "I have been following you all night long, and now it is time for you to die." Just then, a body that had been lying on the ground began to stir and stand up. The strange thing about this body was it was missing it's head. I assumed that we had found the driver of the crashed SUV, and realized that the wreck was no accident. Simultaneously, Jed and I turned to run, but because Jed was the state record holder in the 100, 200, and 400 meter dash, he was a little bit faster than me. Yellow eyes grabbed me, and in one swoop took me to the ground and bit my neck. Of course Jed saw this and fell to the ground laughing hysterically in true Jed fashion.


4 comments:
Ha! I remember you telling me the one with Emo's grave. That's some pretty spooky material you've got there. For some reason, I'm having a hard time believing the last story is entirely accurate.
I second Sheri, that is a pretty hard story to believe and you kind of left us hanging. What happended after that?
Great story, I request a great story of you and OOnie!! PLEASE!!
I agree I don't remember it happening like that at all because after I was laughing so hard at Eric's demise...THEY GOT ME! The story has some other misleading information but we will let it fly for the sake of the story.
Post a Comment