Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mack Daddy Inn

So here it is, the adventurous vacation of It was the summer after our senior year when Jed and I went on a vacation with my family to Mac's Inn. Mac's Inn is a little cabin resort up in the mountains of Ashton, Idaho. It all started on the car ride there. We were listening to the radio when the song "To Make You Feel My Love" by Garth Brooks came on. We didn't change it and after awhile I looked over at Jed. His eyes were watering pretty good. Then I noticed that my eyes were watering too. You see we were both getting ready for our missions in fact Jed was leaving right when we got back from the trip, and we both were ditching our girlfriends for this trip. I don't know what was going on with us, but we quickly put in a Bone Thugz N Harmony Harmony cd to get rid of that crazy cloud of estrogen that somehow had gotten into the car. Anywho, when we got up there we went to a melodramatic play and we were told that audience participation was highly encouraged. They told us we could throw food at the villains, so instantly the light bulbs started turning on. Before the play started one of the villains was squirting us with a squirt gun from behind a wall. Of course we decided we would get even so we filled two big pictures up with water to dump on the guy. He caught us and tipped them over while we weren't looking, but now we were determined so we filled them up again. during the play the villain had to run right past us so of course we drenched him. At the end of the show the villain came running at us from the back of the stage with a filled picture so Jed and I took off just as he tossed the water. Luckily for us, we didn't get wet, but the older lady sitting behind us wasn't so lucky. After the play one of the actresses wanted us to go with her to jump off a bring into a river. She was cute, so we were up to it. The bridge was about 20 feet high. The girl counted 3 pillars from the shore and assured us that it was deep enough to jump in. She also told us to lift our feet as soon as they hit the water so we wouldn't slam our legs into the bottom. I went first. I didn't even hesitate. I jumped, and as I had been instructed, I lifted my legs as soon as my feet hit the water. To my surprise, my butt hit the bottom as soon as I lifted my legs. She forgot that it was 4 pillars from the shore. As I sat there in pain I realized that the water was barely covering my thighs. It was only about a foot deep. You guessed it, while everyone was trying to find out if I was ok, Jed was on the ground laughing. (see the trend?) after we figured out where to jump it was pretty fun. The girl that had invited us to jump in the river then invited us to a disco dance the next night. We told her that we would be there. When we got back to our cabin, we decided that it was way to hot in there to sleep so we took our blankets and pillows and snuck onto the trampoline that they used for the bungee jumping thingamajiger. We noticed a mouse running around so we threw a blanket over it, picked it up, and put it on the trampoline and bounced it all over the place. That was pretty funny. Well the next day we decided we needed some disco shirts and some very tight pants, so my mom and her friend Julie drove us to a thrift store to look for some. On the way there we stopped at a restaurant called Big Judd's. They had a deal where if you finished a "Double Judd" which was 2 pounds of meat (after it had been cooked) everyone in the restaurant got free drinks. I had to do it, because they take your picture and put it on the wall if you finish it, and there wasn't one little skinny guy on the wall, and I wanted to be the first. I finished the burger while the whole restaurant was cheering me on. Talk about a stomach ache. Anyway, at the thrift shop we found some perfect clothes, but we didn't know if they would fit. There were no changing rooms in the store, so Jed and I dropped our pants right there and changed in the middle of the aisle. My mom's friend Julie was horrified, but it didn't even faze my mom. While there, Jed picked up dress. Don't ask me why. I didn't get a dress. (Sisters, you better not say anything.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brother! What happened to the other 2 pictures I sent you that proves you dressed up too?

Heidi

Anonymous said...

Heidi, give them to me and I'll post them on my blog!!!!! :) You so wore a dress mister!

Gumby said...

Well my dear Heidi, I know nothing of these other 2 pictures, but I assure you that if you had sent them I still would not have posted them. You see, that is the beauty of having your own blog. Again, I do appreciate very much the time and effort you spent in getting those THREE pictures to me. Thanks again. As for you Jenny, I know where you live.

Anonymous said...

Just to let all of Eric's readers know that there are awsome pictures of him on my blog jennylundgren.blogspot.com

General Patton said...

You looked so adorable in your dress. I look goofy, just messing around, but you look almost cute!

Remember sleeping on that tramp that night and getting in trouble in the morning???

Mike said...

So Brother I want to know what a bring is... As in the sentence: jump off a bring into the river. Hey can you call me and leave me a voice mail with you saying twinkie? I miss your your sillyness!!!

Mike said...

Dude, I'm going to make your sister my best friend. Those pics of you are Amazing. We should make a blog of Eric pictures and include your sisters, mom and Your Wife!!! Then we will save all those pictures and show Keirra.

Mike said...

Hey I have a question for you. Why can't Eric Atkinson say twinkie properly?