When I was younger I saw people that were in-blog and I thought to my self, "Self, those people are silly, don't they have anything better to do with their time?" I was sure that all blogs had cooties. I would never let myself fall in-blog with a blog. And then it happened. One rainy night when it was too cold and dreary to leave the house, one of my very close friends introduced me to a blog. This blog changed my views on being in-blog. All my cootie thoughts vanished and I was mesmerized. I got the blogs number and we enjoyed our time together that day. At the end of the blogging, we said our good-byes with the typical "Call me."
I didn't blog right away. I knew the rule, 3 days. You don't want to look desperate or insecure, so I waited those three days, but I thought about this new blog every minute. On the third day I pulled out all the stops, and blogged the best blog I have ever blogged. I wanted to leave no doubt in this blog's mind that we were meant to blog together. Well, needless to say, it worked. I blogged all the time. Sometimes I had to put myself in check because I would want to blog 2 or 3 even 5 times a day, but I didn't want to overwhelm my blog. Still, I checked on my blog at least 4 times a day, but in a way that my blog wouldn't know (you can call it stalking, but I call it true-blog.) This blog was affecting my life in a major way. I would lay in bed at night, unable to sleep because I was thinking of new and wonderful ways to blog. I was constantly distracted at work coming up with new ideas to blog about. I was hooked. I had become one of those people I promised myself I would never be. It is funny how that works.
As all of this became more of a reality for me I started to worry about other things, like "will my family like this blog?" and "how am I going to care for this blog?" I was more careful with my blog. I tried to make the most of it. I would watch it very closely to see if there were any signs of "crazy". There was, and I couldn't have been more excited about the craziness. So, I introduced my blog to my family, and they loved it. They would comment on how neat it was and some of my family even went on to find their own blogs. The hard part was over. So, on a warm summer day under an enormous oak tree I committed to my blog. This is for keeps. This is the stage I am at now.
I fully expect that this blog will become like all the other blogs. I'm sure we will have many little blogs (as a relult to our blogging) who will grow up into amazing blogs and even columns. My blog and I will settle down in Houston, Texas when our little blogs have moved out on their own, and we will continue to blog to our hearts content. Until then, enjoy the blogging.
4 years ago


2 comments:
I wonder what your little blogs would look like. . .
All I can say is ISSUES!!! What else id new!
Post a Comment