4 years ago
Sunday, April 6, 2008
One of the Best Days!
I have a handful of "best days of my life", which include the day I met my wife, The day we got married, the first time I saw Keira's heart beat, and the day Keira was born. Well, I am finishing off another one of the "best days of my life." It started early this morning with the usual wake up call from the daughter at about 6 a.m. Well, I wasn't feeling very well, and Keira was a bit cranky, but other than that, the morning wasn't too eventfull, so we will jump ahead to 1 p.m., CHURCH! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to church, but we have callings in the nursery. We have 10 kids in there and today every single one was there, and they were all hopped up on some sort of power sugar. It's bad enough that our church starts at nap time, so they are already cranky or hyper, but they were extra excitable today. Daniel, our must steady guy in there, threw an absolute fit from the second he was dropped off (very uncharacteristic for him) and there was one toy, a truck, that every single kid wanted to play with, and none of the 10 other trucks were good enough. So that went on for the next two hours. Close to when it was time to send the children to their parents I had one last idea to get them to calm down. I sat them all on the floor against the wall and turned out the lights. It was going good. I would ask them where their nose was and they all would proceed to point to their nose. I was even able to teach them where their mandible and flangees (jaw and fingers) were. It was a wonderous moment, they were all quiet at the same time. And then it happened. Tricia popped out the tootsie pop to curb her morning sickness, and one little girl had a breakdown. She could not handle the fact that there was sugary goodness 5 feet away from her and she wasn't going to get any. She began to scream. I tried to sit her back down, when the door opened. It was her mom and she was there to pick up the screaming child and the screaming child's sister (who also is in nursery). I was more than happy to give up the child. Well, after church the branch president wanted to talk to us. While we were waiting, one of Tricia's friends said, "you should probably talk to sister so-and-so, because she told me that you guys had the lights off, all the kids were screaming, and they were sitting up against the wall." We still don't know what will come of that. during our meeting with the president, he just wanted to see how we were doing in our new calling and just check up with us, but during this meeting Keira was all over the place. She was a handful. We finaly made it through the meeting, but during the closing prayer, while everyone's eyes were closed, Keira got up and walked around the desk behind the branch presidents chair. When he said "amen", he pushed his chair back, pinning Keira's head between the wall and the chair. As you can guess, she started screaming. We tryed to calm her down, but she just got worse until she vomitted all over the place. We cleaned her and ourselves up, and started to drive home. On the way home we were stopped behind a long line of cars at a red light. When the light turned green, I watched all the cars start going, and as I too started to press on the gas, I turned my head to the right to look at an oriental shop and by the time I turned back I realized too late that while all of the other cars had started to go, the car in front of me hadn't. So, as luck would have it I trashed the back end of an officer's car. Once we got all of the technicalities of the wreck taken care of, we got home just in time to leave again to a dinner date we had planned with another couple in our branch. Before we left I went into my back yard to talk to the neighbor and as usual our dog, Naoki, jumped all over me. Again, as luck would have it, Naoki had just stepped in a very fresh, very soft, very stinky turd that was now all over my pants. So I changed my pants. The dinner at our friend's home was very enjoyable. Keira actualy was well behaved, and the food was excellent. As we sat playing a card game, Tricia got up to use the rest room. When she came back she wispered in my ear that there was some unusual bleeding and that we should probably go. They offered to keep Keira there while we went to the emergency room so we agreed and left in a hurry. We spent 4 hours of waiting and blood tests and all the other things they do to you when you go to the ER and determined that Tricia was NOT miscarrying, but the chances are now about 50-50 that she will. We got back on base around midnight and woke our friends up so we could pick Keira up. as I was walking to my side of the car, I fell off of the curb and twisted my ankle pretty good. That is not it. It is almost 1 in the morning and I need to be at work at 6, but instead of sleeping right now, I am typing this while I wait for my only uniform to get out of the washer and dryer so I can iron it. You see when I got home I realized that I had put them in the laundry basket along with a wet towel. I may have been able to salvage it if it weren't for the wet towel, but since it had been sitting there since friday, it was all moldy. Now you ask, "why did he title this one of his best days after all of that?" Well, let me tell you. My wife is okay, and still pregnant. And the thing that really made this day such a great day was I saw my babies heart beat on the monitor. Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Um, the WORST day ever sounds more like it other than seeing the heartbeat. Seriously, that kind of day is when you lock the doors and don't leave the house for a week. Sounds stressful! More than stressful. I've had bleeding too, but it stopped. I hope everything will be fine for you guys.
Dude, time for a vaca!!! Get away have some personal time with the fam. At least Tricia and send Keira to us. So you guys are not going to Jennifer's wedding??? Who is going to help me introduce the new in-law into the family of insanity (Mostly you and I and mom's hiccups!!!) Sorry about the bad day/week. Call me if you need a shoulder to cry on!!!
Post a Comment