I see her standing there,
but I do not know her name
I wonder if she sees me
and likes to play that game
Should I go and talk to her,
or should I stay right here
I think I just might do it
if I could over come my fear
I fear I'll get rejected,
It happens all the time
I should be getting used to it
I can never call them mine
They always think I'm weird
They always think I'm strange
They always think I'm Stupid
I think I better change
But wait, what is this
Is she looking over here
I know I must be dreaming
I wonder how I appear
Wow, look at that smile
It's only lips and teeth
But now the only difference is
It's smiling right at me
I say, "Hi, my name is Eric"
And the conversation has begun
Until she says, "My name is Jenny..."
...And your fly's undone."
I hope you now realize just how lucky I am to have a wife, let alone such an amazing wife. Finding this poem made me wonder if I could still write poems, so if you have any subjects that you would like to hear about in a poem, leave me a comment or an email at eric.atkinson@yahoo.com and I will see what kind of poem I can squeeze out for you.


1 comment:
Ha Ha... I like your poem!! I think its funny!
Post a Comment