Saturday, August 2, 2008

Run Ozzie!

This morning I was getting ready for the day when my sweet daughter came into my room, and asked very politely, "Where's Ozzie?" (Ozzie is her cat, if you were wondering.)


I asked her "why do you want Ozzie?"


Just then I noticed that she was holding one of her toys (see below minus the rings) like a hammer and she had a very serious look on her face when she said, "because I'm gonna kill him."




Shocked and surprised I quickly asked her, "what?"

At this she slammed the toy hard against our bed and said again with more determination, "I am gonna kill him!"


I had to know, so I asked, "why are you going to kill Ozzie?"


"He is being rude." she accused.


"How is he being rude?" I asked.


But before she could answer she noticed Ozzie run into her bedroom and under her bed. she quickly ran after him brandishing her weapon. I watched her chase him all around her bedroom until Ozzie found shelter under her dresser. Once Keira started banging on her dresser with her toy and yelling at Ozzie, I decided it was time to step in. I had to give her the talk that we don't kill animals just because they are being rude. I probably should have had this talk with her when Tricia was showing her a big caterpillar walking around on our porch. Keira bent down to look at it and said "ooooooo" just before she stomped the life out of it. "I killed the bug" she said proudly. She now knows that killing bugs and animals is not a good thing. I still don't know what Ozzie did to make her so mad, but I do know that she still loves her cat very much.


4 comments:

Sheri said...

That is just plain funny! Too bad you don't have it on video. I bet you'd top the charts on youtube.

Anonymous said...

If I were Ozzie I'd stay under her dresser, she seemed pretty mad! Poor cat didn't know what it was in for...look at that sweet face of Keira's! Good thing she got over it!

Anonymous said...

the pictures on your background are super neato!!

LIZ said...

I don't know if you remember me but we worked together at Lagoon. I found you on Sheri's blog and thought I would say hi.

She is a little cutie. What a funny story, kids sure do make our lives interesting.