Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Who?

So, the other day, (I just love stories that start out that way.) So, the other day, my wife Tricia, my daughter Keira, and I were at the shoppette (it's like a 7-Eleven for all of you non-military folks). We were grabbing a few things and to save time Tricia and I split up. I took Keira with me. I finished gathering up the things that I needed and started telling Keira that I hoped mommy was done. This prompted her to start calling out, "Tricia, hurry up. It's time to go. Tricia, where are you? Tricia, lets go now!"

I quickly corrected Keira by saying, "her name isn't Tricia it is mommy."

Which resulted in another correction from her. "No, her name is Tricia!"

During this whole fiasco, Tricia heard everything from the next aisle over so she decided it was time to intervene. She came around the corner and, in a somewhat sad tone said, "Keira, my name is mommy."

But, Keira would not budge. She promptly replied, "No, your name is Tricia!"

So, Tricia asked her, "Then what is daddy's name?"

Keira turned to look at me, and as confident as she could be, she said very firmly, "JOSH!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well maybe your name was supposed to start with a "J" because you've said it was John before! Or, maybe there's something Tricia isn't telling you! :D Very funny!! You should call Keira "daughter"!

Jennie said...

I'm glad your daughter is a smartie pants just like you two.

Sheri said...

Your little girl sounds like a doll. Cute story. My kids are worth hours of entertainment. Who needs a television anymore...I mean really. It's so fun to see what you've been up to. Who knew we'd all grow up someday and actually get married and raise children. It scares me a little to think of it, quite honestly.