I feel lucky and grateful to be alive and telling you this story right now. You all read about my car accident two blogs ago. Let me tell you about another mishap that happened in my car today. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and I was playing volleyball (which we lost, but it was still fun). After the game I decided to take Keira, my two-year-old, home with me since I always enjoy her company and Tricia and I had driven to the game seperately. During the drive we had our windows down basking in the cool spring air and were having a wonderful conversation, Keira and I. Well, it was great until there was a lull in our conversation as I pulled up to a red light. Just as I stopped, a van pulled up next to me, and in it was a giant of a man. He was Michael-Clarke-Duncan-big, but with more muscle mass, and even scarier looking. He was wearing one of those body builder tank tops, you know, the ones that look like the top of a spaghetti strap dress. I didn't think much of it, other than "that guy is ginormous!". And then it happened. From the back seat of my car, in a high pitch, at the top of her lungs yell (and I must tell you, Keira doesn't pronounce her words very well, but the way she enunciated this next sentence, she could have been an english professor at a major university. Go figure.) I hear, "Daddy, Look, Naked!" As I turned to look, I was horrified to see this enormous man looking at me, and I realized Keira couldn't see this man's shirt, and she was still pointing at this behemoth with a disgusted look on her face. For some reason he didn't look happy either (come on it is a kid that said this). Maybe he was having a bad day, and wasn't able to put up his bench max of 732 pounds, or in his defense, maybe he just looks that way. What ever it was it scared me and I panicked. I reached for the window, but I was too late. Just as clear and loud as the first statement, I heard the words, "NO NO, CLOTHES ON NOW!" That was it. I turned left from the lane next to the turn lane as soon as the light turned green, and was lucky he didn't follow. We spend so much time trying to teach our little ones the proper way to behave in public, like telling them to put their clothes back on when they strip down in public. And, if your child has been taught correctly, unfortunately, they will pass that new found knowledge on. Let this be a lesson to you, quick correcting your children, it may save your life.
P.S. Prodigious Man, if you are reading this, my name is Michael, and you can see my real blog at: http://michaelegbert.blogspot.com/
Thank you.
4 years ago


1 comment:
oh come on eric, you totally could've taken him....hahaha! Mom would say it's payback from saying "that lady is fat!" in the grocery store when you were little!
Post a Comment